6" Medium Arkansas Bench Stone
|Availability:||In stock (2)|
The Medium Arkansas Stone is the best general purpose sharpener of all the natural Arkansas Stones. This 6” Medium Arkansas Stone is mounted on a molded plastic base to make sharpening safe and easy. It is excellent for sharpening pocket knives, hunting and fishing knives, kitchen knives, and tools of all sizes, large or small.
- 6" Medium Arkansas Stone Sharpens Larger Knives and Tools
- Plastic Lid protects the stone
- Non-slip rubber feet
- Stone Size: 6" x 1 5/8" x 3/8" / Medium Arkansas
- Grit: 600 Grit
- Put a small amount of Smith's Honing Solution on your stone.
- Place your blade on the end of the stone at the desired sharpening angle.
- Push the blade away from you just like you were trying to cut a thin slice off the top of the stone. Use moderate pressure, let the stone do the work. Repeat this pushing stroke 3 or 4 times. Try to maintain the same approximate angle with each stroke. This is the key to obtaining the sharpest edge.
- Sharpen the other side of the blade by placing your blade across the opposite end of your stone and repeat previous steps, this time pushing the blade toward you.
- Continue these steps until you feel your blade is truly sharp.
Cleaning your stones will keep the pores free of stone and metal particles. After each use, the Arkansas stones should be cleaned by scrubbing vigorously with water, liquid soap, and a stiff nylon brush.