Diamond/Arkansas Stone Precision Sharpening System
|Availability:||In stock (3)|
Smith’s Diamond/Arkansas Stones Precision Knife Sharpening System offers an easy way to sharpen all types of knives . . . INCLUDING SERRATED. The fabric storage pouch makes this kit portable and easy to store, and the 1-inch wide stones makes sharpening safe, fast, and easy. The kit comes with a Coarse Diamond Stone, Fine Diamond Stone, Fine Arkansas Stone, Medium Triangular shaped Ceramic Stone for serrated edges only, and Premium Honing Solution.
- More durable, less flexible folding angle guides
- Folding angle guide with 4 sharpening angles to choose from instead of just 2
- V-Lock Vise holds knife at consistent angle during sharpening
- Folding angle guide allows sharpening at multiple angles
- 1" wide stones
- Coarse diamond, fine diamond, fine Arkansas, and serrated edge stone bars
- Micro-Tool Sharpening pad on diamond stones
- Sharpening groove for hooks and pointed tools
- Oversized thumb screws on vice
- Premium honing solution cleans and protects the sharpening surface
- Fabric storage pouch
Use water or Smith's non-petroleum based honing oil as your sharpening lubricant, but stone can be used dry. DO NOT use petroleum based oil on your stone as a sharpening lubricant.
- Place your blade on the end of the stone at the desired sharpening angle.
- Push the blade away from you just like you are trying to carve a thin slice off the top of the stone. Use moderate pressure; let the diamond surface do the work. Repeat this pushing stroke three or four times. Try to maintain the same approximate angle with each stroke. This is the key to obtaining the sharpest edge.
- Now sharpen the other side of the blade. Place your blade on the opposite end of your Smith's stone and repeat steps 1 and 2 this time pulling the blade toward you.
Always dry your diamond stone surface after each use and before storing.
Occasionally clean your stone with soapy water and a mild brush
HONING SOLUTION WARNING: IF INGESTED, DRINK SEVERAL GLASSES OF WATER TO DILUTE. DO NOT INDUCE VOMITING UNLESS DIRECTED TO DO SO BY MEDICAL PERSONNEL. NEVER GIVE ANYTHING BY MOUTH TO AN UNCONSCIOUS PERSON. GET MEDICAL ATTENTION.