3-in-1 Sharpening System
|Availability:||In stock (6)|
Smith’s 3-in-1 Sharpener can handle all of your sharpening needs. It features pre-aligned carbide blades, which are reversible and replaceable, for quick edge setting capabilities. The Fine 750-grit Interrupted Surface Diamond Stone provides a quick razor sharp edge on any knife or tool. A pair of specially shaped teardrop ceramic rods provide multi-use sharpening capabilities, everything from standard to serrated edges along with hooks and tools. The protective storage lid also serves as a hand guard, and the ceramic rods fit securely into a compartment in the bottom of the base for safe and easy storage.
- Carbide blades for quick edge setting; interrupted surface diamond stone provides razor sharp edge
- Ceramic rods provide multi-use sharpening capabilities
- Protective lid serves as hand guard
- Sharpening groove for fish hooks and pointed tools
- Preset sharpening angles provide guaranteed result
- Use water or Smith's non-petroleum based honing solution as your sharpening lubricant. Stone can be used dry. Do not use petroleum based oils as a lubricant.
- Place your blade on the end of the stone at the desired sharpening angle.
- Push the blade away from you just like you were trying to cut a thin slice off the top of the stone. Use moderate pressure, let the stone do the work. Repeat this pushing stroke 3 or 4 times. Try to maintain the same approximate angle with each stroke. This is the key to obtaining the sharpest edge.
- Sharpen the other side of the blade by placing your blade across the opposite end of your stone and repeat previous steps, this time pushing the blade toward you.
- Continue these steps until you feel your blade is truly sharp.
- Carbide Instructions:
- Place the sharpener on a flat surfact and firmly hold the sharpener with your hand while keeping your fingers behind the f...lide in and out of the serrations, even extremely small ones.
- Place your knife blade with the serrations facing the stone on the inside of the rod about 1/2" from the top of the stone. Hold the knife at a 90-degree angle to the base.
- Pull the blade down and across the ceramic rod starting from the back of the knife blade to the tip of the blade. Repeat this action for about 8-10 strokes.
- Repeat this stroke on th inside of the opposite rod to sharpen the backside of your knife. This will create a new bevel on the backside of your knife, which will create a straighter cut than the original factory edge.
- Repeat above steps until your knife is sharp.
- Hooks: Place the hook in the groove and rub the point of the hook back and forth until sharp. Use diamond groove for reshaping the edge and the groove in the ceramic stone to finish the edge.
- Care: Always clean your sharpener after use. Rinse with water and towel dry.